Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fuel for the Soul

Something wonderful happened to me today. I was on my way for a run and a car was backing out of a parking garage and nearly ran me over. That wasn't the wonderful part. The good part was what kind of car it was. It was a Chevy Avalanche.

I don't even particularly like the make or the model. I was just downright ecstatic to see a truck. Any truck. The bigger the better. Then I looked around and noticed several more SUVs and trucks. It was some sort of service center for American made cars and trucks. Well, back when American car companies were actually shareholder owned and made cars by market mandate.

I was moved almost to tears at this point.

"Yes!" I wanted to scream. Somewhere in this land of banal conformity. Somewhere in this bizarro world of global warming dogma--even here -- there are rebels!

No comments:

Post a Comment