Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sunrise

First off, I am not a pastry person. I can normally take or leave a pastry or a donut of any kind. Unnecessary calories I would rather use for things I enjoy more. Save the calories for lunch, I figure.

However, here in Sweden I have developed an affinity for the kanelbulle or cinnamon bun. The cinnamon roll is said to have been introduced by the Swedes and October 4th is the Official Kanelbulle Day in Sweden. The kanelbulle is to Sweden what a berliner is to Germany or the croissant is to France. A must try food for visitors.

Different variations are available. Cardemom and some delightfully sticky green stuff that I believe to be almond or mazarin are typically available. Small bakeries are dotted through out the city and a fresh kanelbulle is never hard to find.

I eat them daily, either fresh form the bakery or the frozen, in the red bag, Findus brand. So much better than those yucky, big, messy American cinnamon buns on the right. Yuck. Who eats those anyway?

3 comments:

  1. The "green stuff" is pistachio...hence the colour...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my first thought but I was told it was green almond paste. I dunno. It's good, whatever it may be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do You need Unsecured Personal Loan?
    debt consolidation, home improvements Loan?,
    Loan To start a new business.
    Car loans,Mortgage loans Business Loans?
    International Loans Personal Loans?
    Apply for a Loan from $3,000.00 to $10,000.000
    with no collateral required
    low interest rate as low as 2%
    email: abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete